QUEEN ANNE DINING ROOM TABLES. REFINISH PINE TABLE. SQUARE DINING TABLES FOR 8
Queen Anne Dining Room Tables
- A dining room is a room for consuming food. In modern times it is usually adjacent to the kitchen for convenience in serving, although in medieval times it was often on an entirely different floor level.
- A room in a house or hotel in which meals are eaten
- The Dining Room is a play by the American playwright A. R. Gurney. It was first produced in New York, New York at the Studio Theatre of Playwrights Horizons, opening January 31, 1981.
- Denoting a style of English furniture or architecture characteristic of the early 18th century. The furniture is noted for its simple, proportioned style and for its cabriole legs and walnut veneer; the architecture is characterized by the use of red brick in simple, basically rectangular designs
- She reigned from 1702-14. The style of red brick domestic architecture which was springing up in the 1870s in South Kensington and elsewhere was called “Queen Anne”.
- The Queen Anne Style in Britain means either the English Baroque architectural style roughly of the reign of Queen Anne (1702–14), or a revived form that was popular in the last quarter of the 19th century and the early decades of the 20th century.
- Queen Anne (also recorded as Ann) (ca. 1650 - ca. 1715) succeeded to the position of chief of the Pamunkey tribe in 1686 after her aunt Cockacoeske died. This was nearly a decade after Bacon's Rebellion.
- (table) postpone: hold back to a later time; "let's postpone the exam"
- (table) a set of data arranged in rows and columns; "see table 1"
- Postpone consideration of
- (table) a piece of furniture having a smooth flat top that is usually supported by one or more vertical legs; "it was a sturdy table"
- Present formally for discussion or consideration at a meeting
Hale house heritage square
James and Bessie Hale House
The Hale House was built in 1887 by George W. Morgan, a land speculator and real estate developer, at the foot of Mount Washington just a few blocks from the museum in Highland Park. From the time of its construction, the house was sold many times and was moved from 4501 to 4425 North Pasadena Avenue (now Figueroa Street) before being purchased by James G. Hale in 1906.
James Hale, a motorman for the railroad, met Beret ‘Bessie’ Hovelsrud when she worked as a waitress in the Pio Pico House downtown. Dealing in real estate, Bessie mortgaged the Hale House several times in order to purchase other properties. Bessie and James Hale separated a few years after purchasing the house. However, Bessie retained title to the house, living in and using it as a boarding home until the mid 1960s. James Hale died on August 15, 1921 at about age 51. Bessie Hale died in a rest home in 1967 and left the house to her niece, Mrs. Odeana Johnson, who donated the structure to the Cultural Heritage Foundation of Southern California in 1970.
The building is an outstanding example of Queen Anne and Eastlake styles. The exterior colors of Hale House were reproduced from chips of the original colors found on the house during restoration. The interior has been restored to represent the rooms as they may have appeared in 1899. In the front parlor visitors may see an oriental door bracket purchased by the Hales. Lighting fixtures throughout the house are equipped to use both gas and electricity. The wainscoting downstairs, called Lincrusta, is original to the house and made of a pressed paper mixture processed to look like embossed leather. The Eastlake-style dining
table and chairs belonged to the Hale family. The modern looking ceiling paper in the dining room is, in fact, a reproduction of the original paper.
Bradbury & Bradbury Neo-Classical Roomset in Jasper Green
Since the powder room is between the Dining Room and the Parlor, we decided to paper it in the style of the dining room and the color of the parlor. We modified an antique mirror and table to act as the powder room vanity.
See also: unfinished kitchen tables dining table and chair metal kitchen table and chairs wood glass end table moroccan console table hickory sofa table buffet table with hutch kitchen work tables
- (月) 18:44:43|
- Category: None